What are the most advanced and insightful books out there?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KatrinaKaif
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
KatrinaKaif
I am tired of trying to skim-read a book. Like Stephen Hawking's book, I want to read heavy books that are not filled with emotions, but technical information leading to a larger point unlike encyclopedia..do you know what I mean?

Ok, we already know about almanacs, encyclopedia, records, instructional manual, and please understand my etcetra...

The book doesn't even have to be scientific, but has to be advanced..offering new concepts..there are books that if I read it 10 years earlier, I might have been amazed but now they are good for nothing..so what are the books offering most advanced feedback or just off the mainstream outlook on life?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try the Malcolm Gladwell books. I think that's kind of what you're getting at...?
 
I've collected a lot of them. They're in my library at http://books.google.com/books?uid=13718804063927505694&as_coll=0&source=gbs_lp_bookshelf_list

"The Extended Phenotype" and "Ending Aging" are really good places to start (for biology anyways). For Astro, "How to Find a Habitable Planet". It's harder to find these books in physics though (the demystified series sometimes works).