What Are the Most Challenging Questions in Grade 11 Nuclear Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Ethan_Tab
Messages
57
Reaction score
2
Hey guys, wasn't too sure where I should post this but here goes:

Im currently taking a grade 11 introductory physics course in Ontario, Canada. We are currently learning the basics of nuclear physics. For most units, I'm able to foresee the thinking (hard) questions our teachers usually point on our tests. However, due to the fact that Nuclear physics is so new, and abstract to me I find it difficult to come up with question which might be thrown at us. If you guys could share in what ways the grade 11 (introductory) nuclear physics curriculum could be twisted to make for some challenging questions (perhaps linking some earlier concepts -- work, heat, forces etc...), it would be much appreciated :)

-Ethan
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ethan_Tab said:
Hey guys, wasn't too sure where I should post this but here goes:

Im currently taking a grade 11 introductory physics course in Ontario, Canada. We are currently learning the basics of nuclear physics. For most units, I'm able to foresee the thinking (hard) questions our teachers usually point on our tests. However, due to the fact that Nuclear physics is so new, and abstract to me I find it difficult to come up with question which might be thrown at us. If you guys could share in what ways the grade 11 (introductory) nuclear physics curriculum could be twisted to make for some challenging questions (perhaps linking some earlier concepts -- work, heat, forces etc...), it would be much appreciated :)

-Ethan

What textbook are you using? Can you post an outline of the chapter(s) that have the nuclear physics topics?

I did a google search on Hyperphysics Nuclear Energy, and got some good hits. Check out the hit list to see if it gives you some ideas... :smile:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc..._l=hp...0i22i30l2.0.0.0.11977...0.cyKZKAzVfHU

.
 
berkeman said:
What textbook are you using? Can you post an outline of the chapter(s) that have the nuclear physics topics?

I did a google search on Hyperphysics Nuclear Energy, and got some good hits. Check out the hit list to see if it gives you some ideas... :smile:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc..._l=hp...0i22i30l2.0.0.0.11977...0.cyKZKAzVfHU

.

Hi Berkeman, we are workomg with the Nelson Physics 11 Textbook U prep.
The book covers Radioactive decay, Half life, Nuclear fission and a little of fusion. Thanks for the help :)