What are the products of combining potassium hydroxide and dodecanedioic acid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter r&dchem
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
r&dchem
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have a solution that contains potassium hydroxide and dodecanedioic acid. I am trying to figure out what my products will be but I can't seem to find anything real that dodecanedioic acid would become.

Any insights?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Which would mean it would be either dodecanedioic acid, potassium salt or dodecanedioic acid, dipotassium salt. I cannot find CAS numbers for either of these species. In order to use either of those for my purpose I need to have a CAS number.
 
alxm said:
So it's not real if it doesn't have a CAS number, now?

Exactly my thoughts, I just spared r&d that comment :smile:
 
Dodecanodioate, potassium dodecanoate has a relatively easy to find CAS number (10124-65-9).