What Are the Top Future Investments in Energy Storage Technology?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
5,259
Simple question:

What do you think would be the best science or technology related companies to invest in today? What will be the next Microsoft?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe producing another Microsoft requires a strong heart, talent and determination, not money. Thus easiest would be spending money to improve the education and increasing the future talent.
 
Why don't you do your own research rather than getting others to do it for you?
 
Noxide said:
Why don't you do your own research rather than getting others to do it for you?

Either I or you misunderstood. I thought it is about large scale investments/findings; but now I think it is about personal investments (like buying Thorium which was mentioned in another thread)
 
rootX said:
Either I or you misunderstood. I thought it is about large scale investments/findings; but now I think it is about personal investments (like buying Thorium which was mentioned in another thread)

I stopped myself from quoting your original post to point out that you completely misunderstood his post. He's basically trying to get tips for personal stock investment.
 
If anyone knew what the next Microsoft was going to be...
 
I got the idea from the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=367389" thread that Greg started and thought that it would make an interesting topic for the General Discussion forum. I'm just curious to hear what the learned people of this forum think about what the next big thing might be. It doesn't mean that I'm going to rush out an sink all my money in Thorium futures. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Netflix maybe. Or maybe it's too late and that has already gotten big.
 
Well, technology for storing energy such as improved batteries, supercaps etc will probably become increasingly important over the next decade or so.
There was an article about a start-up working on supercaps based on nanotubes in Science (or perhaps Nature), it is one of very few companies that succeeded in getting some of Chu's money.