What Are the Worst Movies You Have Seen?

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary: I forget what it was though.In summary, movies can be good or bad. Bad movies can be hilarious, but usually are not worth watching again. Horrible movies can be so bad that they are almost un WATCHABLE.
Cloverfield is pretty terrible. Although there is an endless list of movies with terrible writing, acting, directing, etc.

Physics news on Phys.org
Recently: Knowing and Indiana Jones 4 were the worst 2 movies I have ever seen.

I'll probably get slammed for this, but I thought 'Crash' was a terrible movie.

LowlyPion said:
Bunny Lake is Missing

I fell asleep. I went back to see it again ... because well I hadn't actually seen it the first time, and proceeded to fall asleep again.

So actually I've never seen the whole movie, but I can't imagine that it would be good.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sorry, but that should be in the "Things I've done and am too embarrassed to admit it" thread.

Most sci-fi made for TV is terrible. A few that I've watched are:
Atomic Twister
10.5: Apocalypse
Tidal Wave: No Escape

All dreadful!

Saladsamurai said:
Indiana Jones 4
Damn I had nearly erased the memory of that...

The Day After Tomorrow was appalling too. Wolves, I ask you?

Last night I watched a movie called The List. Its a rather bad secret society movie revolving around the decendents of Confederates that stole money from the treasury and hid it away just before the fall of the south. Part of the plot is the list(!) of the members which apparently possesses some magical properties embued it by their blood! This little bit here is never even really explored much other than it apparently gives the members who possesses the list(!) the ability to kill the other members at a whim.

mgb_phys said:
Damn I had nearly erased the memory of that...

Yeah... so had I until I went to see Knowing. Striking similarity between the absurdity of both the endings.

Saladsamurai said:
Indiana Jones 4

I was rather unimpressed aswell. The part where he rode out a nuke blast in a refrigerator was just jaw gapingly rediculous and it went down hill from there.

My friend saw it before I did and he was upset that I couldn't keep myself from laughing as he tried to explain it to me.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I was rather unimpressed aswell. The part where he rode out a nuke blast in a refrigerator was just jaw gapingly rediculous and it went down hill from there.

My friend saw it before I did and he was upset that I couldn't keep myself from laughing as he tried to explain it to me.

I know. And that was near the beginning wasn't it?! Aliens! Really?! F'''ing aliens?

That's such a cheap way to explain everything.

The Twisted Brain (also released as Horror High)

From http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072331/
A nerdy high school super whiz experiments with a chemical which will transform his guinea pig "Mr. Mumps" from a gentle pet into a ravenous monster. In a fit of rage against his tormentors at the high school, Vernon Potts (Pat Cardi) goes on a killing spree, eliminating all of those who ever picked on him - the Gym Coach, the School Jock, The Creepy Janitor (Mr. Griggs) & his hated teacher, Ms. Grindstaff. In the end he gets the jock's girlfriend for himself but his happiness is short-lived as the potion turns him into a monster hunted by the towns lame police Lieutenant - Bosman.​

From http://www.answers.com/topic/twisted-brain
This vintage late-night TV favorite also traveled under the goofier, more appropriate title Horror High and features a wiry fuzz guitar score and William Girdler regular Austin Stoker as the detective who senses evil beneath Vernon Potts' Poindexter exterior. Leading man Pat Cardi isn't credited with any further films after Twisted Brain, but his performance caps off a career as a child actor that includes appearances in William Castle's Let's Kill Uncle, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, and the 1965 educational film We Learn About the Telephone.​

Saladsamurai said:
I know. And that was near the beginning wasn't it?! Aliens! Really?! F'''ing aliens?

That's such a cheap way to explain everything.
That was pretty much my reaction also. Even Temple of Doom was so much better than this Crystal Skull business.

I was also very displeased with the remake of 'War of the Worlds'. Five minutes into the movie they start running for their lives and don't stop until the end. What's the point? Total special effects sell out, much like the latest Transformers movie.

Though I don't consider it a bad movie, 'On the Beach' was probably the most dismally depressing work I have ever seen.

Alien 4 anyone?

Borek said:
Alien 4 anyone?
I thought that one was ok. Alien 3, however, was a bomb.

Pengwuino said:
Man I've never heard of this Uwe Boll guy but how hte hell does one go about making so many horrendously reviewed movies and... not only refrain from shooting himself, but actually continue to make movies!

German tax write-offs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_boll#Financing

I don't understand him. He's got a Ph.D. in literature (so he should be able to tell a good story, or at least recognize one) yet produces movies based off of video games. He apparently loves what he does (movie making), and yet produces, well, what he ends up producing.

Maybe he's actually a misunderstood genius ahead of his time?

Huckleberry said:
Though I don't consider it a bad movie, 'On the Beach' was probably the most dismally depressing work I have ever seen.

That's pretty much staying true to the book. Both the movie and the book are classics, but, yes, they are very depressing - but so is the aftermath of nuclear war.

On the "depressing" scale, neither come close to Polish or Russian stories of World War II. In fact, "Johnny Got His Gun", a story about a guy that lost all of his arms and legs and his face in the war, can't come close to Polish or Russian stories about World War II.

kung pow and 10000 bc

Highlander 2, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and Superman IV are pretty bad. Caligula is a bit...excessive.

I haven't seen it, but Battlefield Earth has a reputation as being simply horrendous.

Vertical Limit... I think was the title.

A.I. with Haley Joel Osmond, was it?

2001: A Space Odyssey (I think Robot Chicken said it best... stuff floating through space set to classical music?)

Night at the Museum (1st and I suspect 2nd but haven't seen it)

Any movie like Crank, or more specifically, any movie with that f*(@ing actor in it.

Battlefield Earth is so bad it's good. And it was written by L. Ron Hubbard.

AUMathTutor said:
A.I. with Haley Joel Osmond, was it?

2001: A Space Odyssey (I think Robot Chicken said it best... stuff floating through space set to classical music?)

Any movie like Crank, or more specifically, any movie with that f*(@ing actor in it.

These are some of my favorite movies. The actor in 'Crank' is Jason Statham, and I like almost all of his action movies, especially 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels'. For a nonstop action shoot-em up movie 'Crank' is pretty hard to beat.

AUMathTutor said:
The author's reputation could be responsible for the public opinion of this movie. It's not great by any means, but I didn't see it as strikingly bad either.

Space Odyssey is among the best movies every made! :mad:

AUMathTutor said:

I've heard some people saying "it's so bad that it's actually funny" out of some things. So I came up with a description "not even funny" to describe Uwe Boll's movies.

colonelcrayon said:
OVERALL WORST: The Core. Excruciatingly horrific.

ZacharyFino said:
yeah The Core was extremely awful, elementary school students were questioning its scientific accuracy.

I have seen The Core about 20 times by now. I have been showing it in my physics classes for the past several years. The idea is that I stop the video when an egregious error is made (eg. sonic boom several seconds before the space shuttle flies over the baseball stadium) and the video does not resume until the mistake is identified and corrected by a student. Trouble is, I have to stop the video every 45 seconds.

Chi Meson said:
I have seen The Core about 20 times by now. I have been showing it in my physics classes for the past several years. The idea is that I stop the video when an egregious error is made (eg. sonic boom several seconds before the space shuttle flies over the baseball stadium) and the video does not resume until the mistake is identified and corrected by a student. Trouble is, I have to stop the video every 45 seconds.
Nice idea :)

humanino said:
On a totally different note, the movie I saw where most people left was Irréversible
A friend of mine had me watch the first half of it. It seemed to be trying really hard to shock and disgust its audience. The idea in general was not so bad though. I never watched the whole thing through uninterupted.

Argentum Vulpes said:
The Spirit was a complete abomination. It had some great names from 300, Sin City, and The Matrix trilogy. Yet the movie was slow, Cinematography was unimpressive, and the acting was horrid. I want to know who I can contact about getting my money back and my wasted time.
I recently watched this and thought it was pretty neat. The absolutely horrible cheesiness and bad acting was intentional I am fairly certain. It was meant to imitate old school comic books which were really cheesy with bad dialog. They just seemed to go a bit overboard and went beyond kitch to actually being pretty bad.