sphyics Messages 102 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Sep 16, 2009 #1 which explains geometrical optics & wave optics in detail.
mgb_phys Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 7,906 Reaction score 15 Sep 16, 2009 #2 At undergraduate level 'Hecht' See also https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=279538
Andy Resnick Science Advisor Education Advisor Insights Author Messages 7,830 Reaction score 4,173 Sep 16, 2009 #3 Also recommend Klein and Furtak.
physicsnoob93 Messages 169 Reaction score 0 Sep 24, 2009 #4 http://books.google.com.sg/books?id...esult&ct=result&resnum=4#v=onepage&q=&f=false That's good.
physics girl phd Messages 931 Reaction score 3 Sep 24, 2009 #5 physicsnoob93 said: http://books.google.com.sg/books?id...esult&ct=result&resnum=4#v=onepage&q=&f=false That's good. Born and Wolf is great if you're looking for a more advanced text. At the undergrad level I used Pedrotti and Pedrotti (I think it's now up to Pedrotti, Pedrotti and Pedrotti).
physicsnoob93 said: http://books.google.com.sg/books?id...esult&ct=result&resnum=4#v=onepage&q=&f=false That's good. Born and Wolf is great if you're looking for a more advanced text. At the undergrad level I used Pedrotti and Pedrotti (I think it's now up to Pedrotti, Pedrotti and Pedrotti).
xepma Messages 525 Reaction score 8 Sep 25, 2009 #6 And to make things more complicated, two of the Pedrotti's go by the name of Leno Pedrotti.