What Can I Do to Improve My Chances of Getting Into Top Universities?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Epic_Sarthak
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone!
So I am from India and my name is Sarthak. I am giving SAT this June and my approximate score will be near about 2150, or that's what I am expecting at least; that or more. Apart from that I scored 95% in my 10th class and am among the top 10 students in my class. I have also won some medals in competition like IMO, NSO, etc. of Sofworld. I had also qualified for NTSE level 1.

Apart from these study-related qualifications, I really like to read and write. I have written some short stories and many poems. I have also won about 4-6 competitions in poetry and creative writing, all inter-school competitions. I am interested in doing a bachelor's degree in computer science or any other technology-engineering related subject, haven't really decided quite yet.

I want to get into the top universities, like MIT, CalTech, Stanford, Princeton and all and want to know what my chances are of getting into these Universities and what more I can do to improve my odds. Oh and am currently studying in class 12th.

Thanks in advance :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey there!
I'm Sanjana. I am also from India but I did high school here.
So, if you want to do MIT and here's where you start, also if you want to know if your doing everything right, you might want to check their stats.
I just gave you the basics for MIT research, and I hope you know what to do. Since your 12th class right now, you want Bachelor's Degree and you are a Freshman. It is good to know http://www.admissions.caltech.edu/content/class-profile, Stanford's, http://admission.princeton.edu/applyingforadmission/admission-statistics and more freshman stats. You might also want to check their International students pages for Financial information.