1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What can you do with an engineering degree?

1. Jan 8, 2014 #1
    What are the benefits of having an engineering degree?

What kind of unrelated to engineering jobs can you get?

I am just doing some research and I would like to hear from this community, as everyone here is quite smart!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2014 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

What are the benefits to studying engineering? That you study engineering of course! The benefits of the degree itself; well it makes a nice wall hanger and enables you to find entry level engineering positions much easier, if that's what you want to do with it.

It could also have absolutely no benefit or bearing on your life at all.

Any that an employer hires you to do!

The question is very subjective and will be internalized by each individual on a circumstance related basis. Its worth, benefits, and employment opportunities are decided by the individual, not the diploma.

4. Jan 8, 2014 #3
    I think it's safe to say that the field itself has since the age of Archimedes. The question is, I'm afraid as general as what can you do as a medical doctor or as X. You can probably get more from searching yourself rather than waiting for the response here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook