1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs What career oppurtunities are open to one with a pHD in software engineering?

1. Jun 3, 2009 #1
    I wanted to be a computer engineer more towards the software basis but i would still like some knowledge of hardware, but most emphasis on software. If I were to get a phd in software engineering what sort of things could I do? would it be possible to go into research and engineer my own operating system? would you recommend getting a bachelors, masters or phD? i would like to get my masters at the bare minimum. but i would be better off with phD. any thoughts?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2009 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

A week ago you https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=315625".

The community here is one of the most helpful on the planet. But you have to stop jerking our chains for that advice to be any good: one day you're in high school. Then you're in junior college. Then UBC. Then MIT. You wanted to be a computer engineer - even though you weren't quite sure what that was. Then you wanted to be a nuclear physicist. Now a software engineer.

If you are more forthcoming about where you are really coming from and what you are interested in, you'll get much better advice.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  4. Jun 3, 2009 #3
    pretend grad school don't exist until third year in college

5. Jun 3, 2009 #4
    vandium this is my brother's account just answer my question he said this site is useful

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  6. Jun 3, 2009 #5

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

From Physics Forums Global Guidelines:

7. Jun 3, 2009 #6

sorry, i was just using it for career guidence. i'll make my own account

8. Jun 3, 2009 #7
    How many of your brothers are using this account? :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook