What Career Paths Can I Pursue with My Interests in Mathematics and Physics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kaitamasaki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
kaitamasaki
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
advice on choosing career :D

I am currently in grade 11, and I have a deep love for mathematics and physics, and I am also taking calculus this year so I'll be ahead of my other friends :smile: But I really don't know what type of careers my interests can offer and what things I can take if I am in university. I'm considering engineering, but I truly hate hands-on (in Chemistry class we do a lot of labs, and I absolutely hate hands-on, because I am really not a physical learner, I am quite lazy and I rather just work with numbers and formulas etc.) Would engineering still be a desirable kind of thing for me?

I also love being an analytical thinker and I might also have an interest in psychology or philosophy. I actually think a lot about physics in my spare time.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You really have no need to worry about career choices just yet. Go to a university with quality programs all around and take physics, engineering, math, psychology, philosophy and whatever other subjects strike you as interesting. At an American liberal arts institution, you have that flexibility. No need to decide just yet.
 
Stephan Hoyer said:
You really have no need to worry about career choices just yet. Go to a university with quality programs all around and take physics, engineering, math, psychology, philosophy and whatever other subjects strike you as interesting. At an American liberal arts institution, you have that flexibility. No need to decide just yet.

I agree.

Just explore things now, and worry about making the big decision later.