• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

What classes do you need after you are in chemistry and pharmacy?

• Thread starter Acuben
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I should really make two different thread for this one but meh

i'm asking what classes I would need to take in order to graduate, not to transfer/get in

I'm going to transfer as a chemistry major hopefully to UCSD, university of california san diego (or UCs in general) and I'd like to know what classes would I most likely end up taking after I transfer in order to graduate? (say UCSD for example) I know it'd be different slightly from school to school, but at least I want to get a general idea.

Also once I get into 4year(?) pharmacy school (let's say UCSD again), what classes would I have to take in order to finish the pharmacy program?

as for Pharmacy school, are biology/chemistry/physics/math classes I took so farm helpful? It's been a while ever since I was out of school, so would I have to review all those areas?

(I'm not asking required classes to get in, but required classes to graduate)

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

jtbell
Mentor
Most schools list degree requirements on their Web sites.

Please be VERY careful about approaching the field of pharmacy. It isn't what it used to be and you should inform yourself of the employment situation before spending over $100K in student loans to go to pharmacy school. Read through the whole thread from pharmacists in the industry right now to get an idea of where it is headed:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=639184