What comes next?

  • Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
16
8
This was tried a while back on this site but was unsuccessful because some fool started using google to cheat.

What are the next lyrics, what song is it and who origionally wrote the song?

"She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky"

Nice easy one to start with, post your own once answered correctly.
 
Last edited:

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,731
8
Now and then,
when I see her face,
it takes me away to that special place,
and if I stare to long,
I'd probably break down and cry.. yayyy... yayyy... yayyy...

Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR

EDIT: Forgot the next one:

Mother, Father,
Look at your little monster
I'm a hero, I'm a zero
I'm the butt of the worst joke in history.
 
Last edited:
16
8
Help! recognise this but havent a clue what it is.
 

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,312
2
It's sweet child of mine by Guns & Roses


Although ya try to discredit
Ya still never edit
The needle, I'll thread it
Radically poetic
Standing with the fury that they had
in '66
 

megashawn

Science Advisor
430
0
And like e-double, I'm mad,
Still knee-deep in the system's ****, Hoover, he was a body remover,
I'll give ya a dose, But it'll never come close,
To the rage built up inside of me,
Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy,

RATM Wake Up

I'll give an easy one, I could confuse yall easy.

Waiting for your modern messiah to take away all the anger that darkens the light in your eyes, ...
 
3,697
2
Originally posted by megashawn
And like e-double, I'm mad,
Still knee-deep in the system's ****, Hoover, he was a body remover,
I'll give ya a dose, But it'll never come close,
To the rage built up inside of me,
Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy,

RATM Wake Up

I'll give an easy one, I could confuse yall easy.

Waiting for your modern messiah to take away all the anger that darkens the light in your eyes, ...
It's either "still awaiting" or "still I'm waiting",

but either way it's "Liberate" by Disturbed.

Now for the my next one:
Hello my friend, we meet again
It's been a while, where should we begin?
 
16
8
Origionally posted by enigma,
Mother, Father,
Look at your little monster
I'm a hero, I'm a zero
I'm the butt of the worst joke in history.
I really want to know where those lyrics came from.
 
74
0
That's Bad Religion I think...
*runs song thru head*

I'm a lock with a key, a city with no door, a jack without and ace a something something sometihng.


Song called Incomplete, from the album, stranger than fiction.
 
16
8
Hello my friend, we meet again
It's been a while, where should we begin?
feels like forever.
within my heart a memory.
a perfect love that you gave to me.

Creed My Sacrifice.

Heres the next one.

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
 

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,731
8
Jumping Jack Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas.

Jumping Jack Flash by the Rolling Stones.

Gotta get something trickier than that, Andy

Next:

Sleepwalking through the all-night drugstore
Baptized in flourescent light
I found religion in the greeting card aisle
Now I know Hallmark was right.
 
Last edited:
16
8
I wasnt trying to be tricky, was trying to get a few more people involved in the thread, no offense to you, but i havent a clue where your lyrical choices come from without using google.
 

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
5,453
21
Originally posted by Andy
I wasnt trying to be tricky, was trying to get a few more people involved in the thread, no offense to you, but i havent a clue where your lyrical choices come from without using google.
Me either. Turns out it's an Ani Difranco song.

Clearly, the wife has gotten her hand into his musical tastes...
 

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,312
2
Originally posted by enigma
Sleepwalking through the all-night drugstore
Baptized in flourescent light
I found religion in the greeting card aisle
Now I know Hallmark was right.
And every pop song on the radio
Is suddenly speaking to me
Art may imitate life
But life imitates t.v.
Because you've been gone exactly two weeks
Two weeks and three days
And let's just say that things look different now
Different in so many ways

Superhero by Ani DiFranco (Thanks for the tip Tom:wink: )

Next:

Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate
Mental wounds not healing
Life's a bitter shame
 

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
5,453
21
Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate
Mental wounds not healing
Life's a bitter shame
I've listened to preachers
I've listened to fools
I've watched all the dropouts
Who make their own rules
One person conditioned to rule and control
The media sells it and you have the role

Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne

Next:

You're dangerous 'cause you're honest
You're dangerous, you don't know what you want
Well you left my heart empty as a vacant lot
For any spirit to haunt


Hey hey sha la la
Hey hey
 

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,731
8
Originally posted by Tom
Me either. Turns out it's an Ani Difranco song.

Clearly, the wife has gotten her hand into his musical tastes...


I'll have you know the "wife" hates Ani DiFranco. I personally think she's a goddess.
 
16
8
You're an accident waiting to happen
You're a piece of glass left there on the beach
Well you tell me things I know you're not supposed to
Then you leave me just out of reach

U2, Whos gonna ride your wild horses.

Dearly beloved,
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called LIFE
Electric word life
It means forever and that's a mighty long time...
 
Last edited:
it's been a few days and i got nothing and i dont think anyoen elses dose so u might as well tell us
 
16
8
But I'm here to tell ya
There's something else...the afterworld
A world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun
Day or night
So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills -
You know the one
Dr. Everything 'll be alright
'Stead of asking Him how much of you're time is left
Ask him how much of you're mind, baby
'Cause in this life things are much harder than in the afterworld
In this life...you're on your own!
And if the elevator tries to bring you down,
go crazy...punch a higher floor!


Prince, lets go crazy, from the purple rain album.

heres another one, you should all get this one.

"Cruised into a bar on the shore
Her picture graced the grime on the door
She a long lost love at first bite
Baby maybe you're wrong, but you know it's all right
That's right"
 
3,697
2
Originally posted by Andy
But I'm here to tell ya
There's something else...the afterworld
A world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun
Day or night
So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills -
You know the one
Dr. Everything 'll be alright
'Stead of asking Him how much of you're time is left
Ask him how much of you're mind, baby
'Cause in this life things are much harder than in the afterworld
In this life...you're on your own!
And if the elevator tries to bring you down,
go crazy...punch a higher floor!


Prince, lets go crazy, from the purple rain album.

heres another one, you should all get this one.

"Cruised into a bar on the shore
Her picture graced the grime on the door
She a long lost love at first bite
Baby maybe you're wrong, but you know it's all right
That's right"
That'd be "Dude looks like a lady", by Aerosmith.

Alright, next one:

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees
 

megashawn

Science Advisor
430
0
I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
It's not easy to be me.

Five for Fighting; Superman

Last one was to easy, I'm gonna make someone cheat to get this one.


It started as a whisper
Now try to dodge this roar
Unified, the most forceful way to go

Waste this one
It's up to you
We need this revolution

Destroy the pattern
Anything that separates
Across the times
Who dares to follow

hehe, I'm so mean.
 

Want to reply to this thread?

"What comes next?" You must log in or register to reply here.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving
Top