What did you want to be career wise when you were younger?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
19 replies · 2K views
hbk4894
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
when i was about 11 i wanted to be a wrestler and even said i would join wrestling school at 16 , didnt happen.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I wanted to be independently wealthy and not work, didn't happen.
 
Honest to God, ask my parents, when I was younger, my dream was to buy a log cabin in Oregon and raise wild dogs and squirrels.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: lonely_nucleus, collinsmark, Cruz Martinez and 1 other person
Greg Bernhardt said:
Honest to God, ask my parents, when I was younger, my dream was to buy a log cabin in Oregon and raise wild dogs and squirrels.
So did that happened?
 
From about 3 to 18 my dream was to join the military and be a soldier. Almost happened! :)
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Honest to God, ask my parents, when I was younger, my dream was to buy a log cabin in Oregon and raise wild dogs and squirrels.
You could still do that! You just have to convince the wife. :))

I'm doing pretty much, more or less, what I wanted to do.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
I bet she'd be down for that :biggrin:
The area around Bend/Sunriver is nice, but so are the areas around La Grande and Baker City. Nice forests and mountain.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
[...] my dream was to buy a log cabin in Oregon and raise wild dogs and squirrels.
Presumably you mean reasonably friendly wild dogs?

If so, istm that PF is not so far away from that. There are definitely various species of wild creatures roaming around here, e.g., the grizzly bear in post #9 above. :biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
I wanted to be a sportsman and sometimes western movies sheriff... of course with a horse...
 
Until I was about six years old I wanted to be a fire truck.
 
I was a pyromaniac as a little kid... aaaand wanted to become a firefighter. It doesn't have to make sense :wideeyed:
 
Evo said:
I wanted to be independently wealthy and not work, didn't happen.
At this point, I'd settle for dependently wealthy.
 
astronaut, ee, doctor, solider, scientists now it's applied mathematican, ee, cs, general surgeon, geneticist, neuroscience and defence contractor. lol:woot: i'll also be studying some chem, physics, and bio(botany) to go with that.
 
My dreams have changed so many times. I wanted to be a professional athlete, then I wanted to be a stuntman, then I wanted to be a scientist, then I wanted to be an actor, and I still do want to be an actor. None of those have been accomplished as a profession. I act, but don't get paid for it. Maybe one day.
 
I tink most of life is acting. but writing understandable stories is the hard part.