What do Fa, Fs, and M mean in antenna wind load specs?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter pcpolo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Wind
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
pcpolo
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have been trying to find answers to this but have had no luck so far.
I'm hoping these forums can help me out.
I have some specs for an antenna and need to decipher what the wind loads mean.
I have attached a picture below.
Basically, what does the Fa, Fs, and M mean?

Thank you in advance!
 

Attachments

  • topview.JPG
    topview.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 455
  • numbers.JPG
    numbers.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 455
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi pcpolo! Welcome to PF! :smile:

F must mean force (from the wind).

Looks like the A stands for Axial (ie parallel to the axis), and the S for Sideways.

I assume M is the moment (in ft lbs). :wink: