What do you think of people who have fake identity?

• Thread starter En_lizard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Identity
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of people lying about their identities and information on the internet. While some may do so to impress others or protect their privacy, it is still considered lying. The question of whether lying on the internet is different from lying in person is also raised. The example of a girl revealing her true identity after getting serious with someone online is given, and the question of whether this person can trust her is posed. The responders have different opinions on the matter, with one suggesting that revealing personal information to a stranger on the internet is not wise, while the other believes that as long as the person is not a serial killer, she can be trusted.
En_lizard
what do u think of people who have face identity? are they liar or sick? can u trust them?
it happens on net a lot that people introduce themselves somebody else. some of them try to impress others by telling lies but i know of so many people who just tell lies about their names, eductioan...and when spmebody get close to them and they want to meet in real life they reveal their true id and they say they just told lies since they're paranoid of people and they didn't lie to impress other. they just wanted to support their privacy.
do u even consider a lie vie internet a lie? or since eveything is unreal throug web lying isn't a big deal.
i met this very hot gir through net who had introduced herself with a fake id but after while she confessed since our relationship ws about to get serious and we were about to meet in real life. she hadn't tell any lie to impress me. do u think that i can trust her?:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying, so I hope I understand the question.

Personally, if somebody lies to me, I get very offended. I do my best to always be truthful, and I expect others to do the same for me. Lies on the internet are still lies; why would the medium change anything?

For the situation with the girl, I would not trust her.

Of course, if you live in a country other than the US, my advice might not hold, because different countries have different cultures and different social norms.

En_lizard said:
i met this very hot gir through net who had introduced herself with a fake id but after while she confessed since our relationship ws about to get serious and we were about to meet in real life. she hadn't tell any lie to impress me. do u think that i can trust her?:confused:

If I get the gist of your question, you met the girl on the internet and she wasn't willing to reveal her true identity (name, address, phone number) to a stranger on the internet until she felt confident about the person she was dealing with.

That's just plain smart. Go to any internet dating site and you'll see everyone on the site uses a pseudonym, a username, instead of their real name (similar to this site in fact). Almost no one reveals things like name, address, phone number, etc until they've actually met this person in a public place and begin to feel confident the person they're dealing with isn't some kind of serial killer.

Yes, you can trust her (unless she's a serial killer, but then she wouldn't probably would have never broken down and given you her real contact info).

BobG said:
If I get the gist of your question, you met the girl on the internet and she wasn't willing to reveal her true identity (name, address, phone number) to a stranger on the internet until she felt confident about the person she was dealing with.

That's just plain smart. Go to any internet dating site and you'll see everyone on the site uses a pseudonym, a username, instead of their real name (similar to this site in fact). Almost no one reveals things like name, address, phone number, etc until they've actually met this person in a public place and begin to feel confident the person they're dealing with isn't some kind of serial killer.

Yes, you can trust her (unless she's a serial killer, but then she wouldn't probably would have never broken down and given you her real contact info).

Then we got different impressions of the OP's question. He mentions "education" in his post (or a spelling variant thereof), so I was under the impression that the lies went deeper than just name/address/phone number.

For example, if somebody told me they had a college degree when talking online, but revealed that as a lie later on, my opinion of the person would plummet.

Jack21222 said:
I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying, so I hope I understand the question.

Jack21222 said:
Then we got different impressions of the OP's question.

I wouldn't guarantee I understood his question either. I think Annie got irritated at his complaining about the typewriter keys (who n ds the 'e' k y anyway) and chopp d off his thumbs.

No way can you trust this woman. I met a woman on the net who was pretending to be a pretty young girl. But when we finally hooked up it turned out to be my wife.

1. What are the potential consequences of having a fake identity?

There are several potential consequences of having a fake identity, including legal repercussions, damaged relationships, and difficulty in obtaining employment or housing.

2. How common is it for people to have a fake identity?

It is difficult to determine the exact number of people with fake identities, as it is often a hidden behavior. However, studies have shown that identity fraud is a growing issue, with millions of cases reported each year.

3. Are there any legitimate reasons for having a fake identity?

In some rare cases, individuals may need to use a fake identity for safety reasons, such as escaping domestic abuse or being a victim of stalking. However, in most cases, having a fake identity is considered fraudulent and illegal.

4. How can we prevent people from using fake identities?

Preventing people from using fake identities requires a combination of measures, including strengthening identification and verification processes, implementing strict penalties for identity fraud, and increasing awareness and education about the issue.

5. What are the psychological reasons behind someone creating a fake identity?

There are various psychological reasons that may drive someone to create a fake identity, such as a desire for power or control, low self-esteem, or a need to escape from their own life. However, it is important to note that these reasons do not justify or excuse the act of creating a fake identity.