What Does the Main Characteristic of a JK Flip-Flop Represent?

  • Thread starter Thread starter needhelp83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Characteristic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 10K views
needhelp83
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Main characteristic of the JK flip-flop stands for...

What is "main characteristic" referring to?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is characteristic the equation or truth table of the JK flip flop
 
I'm assuming it means the truth table.

- Warren
 
I would have said that it was the truth table. Although it could also be talking about the equation. It sounds mis-quoted or missing some extra information to me.

Essentially the truth table and C.E. show the same thing, the operation of the flip-flop. So essentially which you choose is dependent on the situation in which you are using it, unless one is specified.
 
Well, there is no "equation" of a flip-flop...

- Warren
 
There is between the current and next state's ouputs and the current inputs, that is you can create one surely - it just isn't of much use for an element with a reasonably simple state table.

But as you say Warren; there isn't an equation OF a flip-flop.
 
Thanks guys for the help. I actually thought it was worded incorrectly myself, so I put the equation and the truth table