What exactly is being shown on the blackboard here?

• Thread starter swampwiz
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around an article discussing Trump's alleged tax schemes and a doctored photo of him in front of a blackboard filled with equations related to physics. The conversation participants speculate on the content of the photo and question its authenticity. They also discuss their own experiences with physics and the source of the photo. The general consensus is that the photo was staged and the equations were likely copied from a textbook.
Physics news on Phys.org
Some EM, QM, SR, and basic nuclear physics.

Uncertainty principle is on the lower left, and some relativistic mechanics and SR just above and slightly to the right of Trump.

LMAO Astronuc, SR is certainly just above Trump. And maybe a little to the right too, since he is a faux conservative. :biggrin:

Likes CalcNerd
I think I see something to do with electromagnetism in the top left. I'm guessing that is some non-euclidean geometry in the lower left. I can't make out any writing, is it my phone or is it terribly pixelated?

He's standing mighty close to that blackboard.

I wonder if that was the blackboard of some sadistic professor on the first day of an intro to mechanics course.

Student100 said:
I wonder if that was the blackboard of some sadistic professor on the first day of an intro to mechanics course.

Would you do that to torture students, or do you have a heart?

I would cry, I keep putting off Introductory Physics! I had a bad experience in high school with it. :cry:

Trivia question (with an answer I do not know). What college lecture hall has the tallest chalkboard ? That's a chance for some small unknown school to make a name for itself.

That blackboard was obviously put together as a stunt. There's no way all that stuff could have accompanied a single lecture. It looks like someone (or a group) simply copied all the equations and diagrams from a typical second-year intro modern physics textbook.

Last edited:
Likes Stephen Tashi

1. What are the symbols and equations on the blackboard?

The symbols and equations on the blackboard represent mathematical and scientific concepts. They may include variables, constants, and mathematical operations that are used to describe and explain natural phenomena.

2. How do the symbols and equations relate to each other?

The symbols and equations on the blackboard are interconnected and are used to describe relationships between different variables and quantities.

3. What field of science does this blackboard pertain to?

The field of science that this blackboard pertains to depends on the specific symbols and equations being shown. It could be physics, chemistry, biology, or any other scientific discipline that uses mathematical and scientific concepts.

4. Can you explain the meaning behind the symbols and equations?

Yes, as a scientist, I can explain the meaning behind the symbols and equations on the blackboard. However, it may require a deeper understanding of the specific scientific concepts being presented.

5. How can I use this information in my everyday life?

The information on the blackboard may not have a direct application in everyday life, but it can help us understand the underlying principles and laws that govern our world. This knowledge can be applied in various fields such as technology, medicine, and environmental science.