What exactly is being shown on the blackboard here?

• Thread starter swampwiz
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Some EM, QM, SR, and basic nuclear physics.

Uncertainty principle is on the lower left, and some relativistic mechanics and SR just above and slightly to the right of Trump.

LMAO Astronuc, SR is certainly just above Trump. And maybe a little to the right too, since he is a faux conservative. :biggrin:

Likes CalcNerd
I think I see something to do with electromagnetism in the top left. I'm guessing that is some non-euclidean geometry in the lower left. I can't make out any writing, is it my phone or is it terribly pixelated?

Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
He's standing mighty close to that blackboard.

Student100
Education Advisor
Gold Member
I wonder if that was the blackboard of some sadistic professor on the first day of an intro to mechanics course.

Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
I wonder if that was the blackboard of some sadistic professor on the first day of an intro to mechanics course.
Would you do that to torture students, or do you have a heart?

I would cry, I keep putting off Introductory Physics! I had a bad experience in high school with it. :cry:

Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Trivia question (with an answer I do not know). What college lecture hall has the tallest chalkboard ? That's a chance for some small unknown school to make a name for itself.

jtbell
Mentor
That blackboard was obviously put together as a stunt. There's no way all that stuff could have accompanied a single lecture. It looks like someone (or a group) simply copied all the equations and diagrams from a typical second-year intro modern physics textbook.

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Last edited:
Likes Stephen Tashi