Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What exactly is being shown on the blackboard here?

1. Oct 7, 2016 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2016 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Some EM, QM, SR, and basic nuclear physics.

Uncertainty principle is on the lower left, and some relativistic mechanics and SR just above and slightly to the right of Trump.

4. Oct 7, 2016 #3
    LMAO Astronuc, SR is certainly just above Trump. And maybe a little to the right too, since he is a faux conservative. :biggrin:

5. Oct 7, 2016 #4
    I think I see something to do with electromagnetism in the top left. I'm guessing that is some non-euclidean geometry in the lower left. I can't make out any writing, is it my phone or is it terribly pixelated?

6. Oct 8, 2016 #5

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

He's standing mighty close to that blackboard.

7. Oct 8, 2016 #6

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder if that was the blackboard of some sadistic professor on the first day of an intro to mechanics course.

8. Oct 8, 2016 #7

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

Would you do that to torture students, or do you have a heart?

I would cry, I keep putting off Introductory Physics! I had a bad experience in high school with it. :cry:

9. Oct 10, 2016 #8

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

10. Oct 10, 2016 #9

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

11. Oct 11, 2016 #10

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

Trivia question (with an answer I do not know). What college lecture hall has the tallest chalkboard ? That's a chance for some small unknown school to make a name for itself.

12. Oct 11, 2016 #11

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

That blackboard was obviously put together as a stunt. There's no way all that stuff could have accompanied a single lecture. It looks like someone (or a group) simply copied all the equations and diagrams from a typical second-year intro modern physics textbook.

13. Oct 11, 2016 #12

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted