What happens when I burn Gingelly oil, which was already fried?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Govind_Balaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Oil
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 4K views
Govind_Balaji
Messages
83
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



What happens when I burn Gingelly oil, which was already fried?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



Actually this is not a homework question. This is just my curiosity. I don't want to experiment it at my home if it is explosive or may release Carbon mono oxide.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There is no important difference between used and fresh oil when it comes to burning it. Used one can be more smelly.
 
Borek said:
There is no important difference between used and fresh oil when it comes to burning it. Used one can be more smelly.

What causes that smell? It must be chemically altered some where. Where is it?
 
Borek said:
What do you know about its original composition?

Nothing:shy:
 
Have you read the linked article? Actually just a third phrase will do.