What has your life experience made you picky about?

In summary: Microsoft has gotten better at this).In summary, the author is very picky about the paper and pencil they are using, as well as the keyboards they are using. They are also picky about the pasta brands they like.
Kronos5253 said:
Hey, how I see it is, if they don't want advice, they don't have to read it :) Besides, that advice was pretty much word for word what my college Interpersonal Communication teacher told me, figured if wanted I'd pass the advice along. But that's the whole reason why I started it off the way I did.. If it's not wanted, don't bother listening, but if you need it, go for it.

But I guess it's kinda pointless offering advice in a forum of people who have worlds more experience/knowledge/wisdom than I do. So I apologize, and cease and desist.

Well, hrm. Okay. jimmysnyder tells comical "my wife" stories frequently with a sort-of Rodney Dangerfield, "I get no respect" flavour to them. :smile: They are, by and large, jokes. Jokes that reflect a certain era, actually. But anyway.

If you haven't read his posts before, you'd not be aware of that. I can see how, possibly, that appeared to be a cry for help, although his post did end with an explicit statement about his contentment with his overall situation. So.

Sorry to talk about you behind your back/in front of your face, jimmy.

<h2>1. What specific qualities do you look for in people?</h2><p>As a scientist, my life experience has made me picky about the qualities I look for in people. I value intelligence, curiosity, open-mindedness, and honesty. These qualities are important for effective collaboration and critical thinking.</p><h2>2. How has your past shaped your preferences?</h2><p>My past experiences have influenced my preferences by showing me what works and what doesn't. I have learned from my mistakes and have become more selective in my choices. For example, I have learned to prioritize my time and energy on activities and relationships that bring me joy and fulfillment.</p><h2>3. Are you more critical of yourself or others?</h2><p>I am equally critical of myself and others. As a scientist, I am trained to think critically and objectively. I apply this mindset to both myself and others, constantly seeking improvement and growth.</p><h2>4. How do you handle situations where your preferences are not met?</h2><p>I try to approach these situations with understanding and open communication. I believe that everyone has their own preferences and it is important to respect them. If my preferences are not met, I try to find a compromise or alternative solution that works for both parties.</p><h2>5. Do you think being picky is a good thing?</h2><p>Being picky can have both positive and negative effects. On one hand, it allows me to have high standards and make informed decisions. On the other hand, it can also lead to overthinking and being too critical. Overall, I believe being picky has helped me in my personal and professional life, but it is important to find a balance and not let it hinder my relationships and experiences.</p>

1. What specific qualities do you look for in people?

As a scientist, my life experience has made me picky about the qualities I look for in people. I value intelligence, curiosity, open-mindedness, and honesty. These qualities are important for effective collaboration and critical thinking.

2. How has your past shaped your preferences?

My past experiences have influenced my preferences by showing me what works and what doesn't. I have learned from my mistakes and have become more selective in my choices. For example, I have learned to prioritize my time and energy on activities and relationships that bring me joy and fulfillment.

3. Are you more critical of yourself or others?

I am equally critical of myself and others. As a scientist, I am trained to think critically and objectively. I apply this mindset to both myself and others, constantly seeking improvement and growth.

4. How do you handle situations where your preferences are not met?

I try to approach these situations with understanding and open communication. I believe that everyone has their own preferences and it is important to respect them. If my preferences are not met, I try to find a compromise or alternative solution that works for both parties.

5. Do you think being picky is a good thing?

Being picky can have both positive and negative effects. On one hand, it allows me to have high standards and make informed decisions. On the other hand, it can also lead to overthinking and being too critical. Overall, I believe being picky has helped me in my personal and professional life, but it is important to find a balance and not let it hinder my relationships and experiences.