What helps to shorten the time to cure a Covid-19 patient?

In summary: If you have a moderate Covid-19 infection, rest, drink lots of fluids, and apply topical treatments as advised by your doctor may help. However, there is no guarantee of success and even if you follow these steps, you may still develop a more serious infection if left untreated. If you are Covid positive, seek medical attention immediately if you have fever, shortness of breath, or a lot of coughing.
Vrbic
TL;DR Summary
What techniques can help effectively help to cure (or shorten cure) "lung Covid-19"?
Let's say, I have a moderate course of Covid-19 in my lungs. I suppose, if I will not be warm and calm, it is possible Covid can change to a worse course and spread more in my body. Is it true?
But what can I do extra to avoid spreading in my bode or prevent irreversible damage of my organs if I have a moderate course?

Thank you for your advice.

Biology news on Phys.org
Your best bet is to get plenty of rest and stay hydrated. There are no other clearly effective treatments that you can administer to yourself at home as far as I know. There are no magic cures, and no amount of different vitamins or supplements will significantly alter your outcome for the better (but they could absolutely put you worse off). Even hospitals mostly have to let your body fight the disease off by itself, with most treatment aimed at countering the symptoms, not curing you.

As with all diseases, you should consult with your doctor and listen to their advice. Internet 'doctors' do not count.

• Informative
Likes Rev. Cheeseman, DaveE and Vrbic
Drakkith said:
Your best bet is to get plenty of rest and stay hydrated. There are no other clearly effective treatments that you can administer to yourself at home as far as I know. There are no magic cures, and no amount of different vitamins or supplements will significantly alter your outcome for the better (but they could absolutely put you worse off). Even hospitals mostly have to let your body fight the disease off by itself, with most treatment aimed at countering the symptoms, not curing you.

As with all diseases, you should consult with your doctor and listen to their advice. Internet 'doctors' do not count.

I understand. And what about "sweated", similarly as during the flu.

I've never heard of that being a legitimate medical treatment, so I would be very skeptical. A great many of the treatments we're taught at home are nonsense.

Likes Vrbic
Whether or not you are Covid positive - if you have fever and trouble breathing (like short of breath) or a lot of coughing, you must see a physician. Period. The End.

Usually there is a register of Covid positive tests maintained your local government. The report your physician sends to the health department helps everyone. And you. It gets you a fast ticket into intensive care if you need it. It may be used for contact tracing as well.

Early treatment (therapy) is always preferable and generally improves outcomes substantially.

Likes Vrbic

1. What medications are currently being used to treat Covid-19 patients?

Currently, there are no specific medications that have been proven to cure Covid-19. However, some antiviral drugs, such as Remdesivir, are being used to help shorten the duration of symptoms and improve recovery time.

2. Can antibiotics help cure Covid-19?

No, antibiotics are only effective against bacterial infections, not viral infections like Covid-19. They may be prescribed to treat secondary bacterial infections that can occur in some Covid-19 patients.

3. How does oxygen therapy help shorten the time to cure a Covid-19 patient?

Oxygen therapy can help improve the breathing of Covid-19 patients who are experiencing respiratory distress. This can help prevent the condition from worsening and shorten the time needed for the patient to recover.

4. What role do steroids play in the treatment of Covid-19?

Steroids, such as dexamethasone, have been shown to help reduce inflammation in the lungs and improve outcomes for severely ill Covid-19 patients. They may also help shorten the time needed for recovery.

5. Are there any natural remedies or supplements that can help cure Covid-19?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the use of natural remedies or supplements in the treatment of Covid-19. It is important to follow the advice of healthcare professionals and not rely on unproven treatments.