What I am supposed to write in this question about fuzzy logic?

In summary: Just a quick language tip -- It may be different in your country, but in the US at least, using the term "bro" like this can be interpreted as being dismissive and a bit insulting.
shivajikobardan
Homework Statement
fuzzy logic
Relevant Equations
none
There are 2 questions commonly asked(rarely though) in my exams.
1) Explain about mamdani fuzzy inference method with example.

2) explain fuzzy inference with suitable example.

Now I am self studying. I have 4 books with me, but none of them have this content. IDK why tho..There are other details but not about thse 2 questions. Can you just guide me what I am supposed to write here? A framework about what to write would be more than helpful to me.

I just finished studying about ID3 algorithm, genetic algorithm but this thing is confusing me as there are no resources to learn for exam what to write...at least no direct resources that I can absorb immediately.

Physics news on Phys.org
shivajikobardan said:
There are 2 questions commonly asked(rarely though) in my exams.
1) Explain about mamdani fuzzy inference method with example.
Did you do a web search? I entered "mamdani fuzzy inference" and got 79,000 + hits.
shivajikobardan said:
2) explain fuzzy inference with suitable example.
Surely some of the hits I got would provide some examples.

shivajikobardan said:
Now I am self studying. I have 4 books with me, but none of them have this content.
Yeah, none of the books I have include this information, but I have a computer that can access the internet. Just sayin'.

Likes sysprog and berkeman
Mark44 said:
Did you do a web search? I entered "mamdani fuzzy inference" and got 79,000 + hits.

Surely some of the hits I got would provide some examples.Yeah, none of the books I have include this information, but I have a computer that can access the internet. Just sayin'.
google hits are pretty much lame bro. same posts are copied in different websites. it is 1 content copied across 1000s of websites. and most of them are inaccurate heavily.

shivajikobardan said:
google hits are pretty much lame bro. same posts are copied in different websites. it is 1 content copied across 1000s of websites. and most of them are inaccurate heavily.
Please be careful about courtesy and about not being overly dismissive.

Regarding 'fuzzy' logic, you can start with embracing the concept of 'in-between' truth values.

Likes berkeman
shivajikobardan said:
it is 1 content copied across 1000s of websites. and most of them are inaccurate heavily.
This sounds like a lame excuse for your not wanting to do any research...

Likes Vanadium 50
sysprog said:
Please be careful about courtesy and about not being overly dismissive.

Regarding 'fuzzy' logic, you can start with embracing the concept of 'in-between' truth values.
Hmm it is not like I don't do my research bro. I must be allowed to share my expereince. Sorry if that sounded dismissive tho. I know what is fuzzy logic. It is basically not boolean logic. if there are tall and short then in fuzzy theere can be too short, short, medium, tall, very tall and stuffs like that.

Likes sysprog
Mark44 said:
This sounds like a lame excuse for your not wanting to do any research...
I have 100+ tabs open at once (youtube+google). But I agree I can learn only from well written articles so most of my search process goes on filtering out what I can understand and what I can't. I reply quick, may be that is making you guys feel like I am not doing any research. I thought being responsive would be seen good I will take care of this.

shivajikobardan said:
I have 100+ tabs open at once
maybe you should try using onetab ##-## http://one-tab.com/

What do you mean by "commonly asked (rarely though)" ##-## isn't that 'kinda' contradictory?

shivajikobardan said:
google hits are pretty much lame bro.
shivajikobardan said:
Hmm it is not like I don't do my research bro.

Just a quick language tip -- It may be different in your country, but in the US at least, using the term "bro" like this can be interpreted as being dismissive and a bit insulting. I'd recommend that you not use it at PF (especially in the technical and schoolwork forums), just to avoid unnecessary animosity.

1. What is fuzzy logic?

Fuzzy logic is a type of mathematical logic that deals with reasoning that is approximate rather than fixed and exact. It is used to handle the concept of partial truth, where the truth value may range between completely true and completely false.

2. How does fuzzy logic differ from traditional logic?

Fuzzy logic differs from traditional logic in that it allows for degrees of truth rather than just true or false values. It also incorporates the concept of uncertainty and vagueness, making it more suitable for dealing with real-world problems.

3. What are the applications of fuzzy logic?

Fuzzy logic has a wide range of applications, including control systems, decision-making, data analysis, and artificial intelligence. It is particularly useful in situations where there is incomplete or uncertain information.

4. Are there any limitations to fuzzy logic?

Like any other mathematical model, fuzzy logic also has its limitations. It may not be suitable for all types of problems, and its results may not always be accurate. It also requires a lot of computational power and data to be effective.

5. How can I learn more about fuzzy logic?

There are many resources available to learn more about fuzzy logic, including books, online courses, and research papers. It is also helpful to have a strong understanding of traditional logic and mathematics before delving into fuzzy logic.