What Is a Good Introduction to Primes in Number Theory?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
moriheru
Messages
273
Reaction score
16
Greetings,
I am looking for a accesable introduction to the field of number theory that leads up to primes eulers proof of infinite primes, goldbach proof of inifinite primes and their deriviations(the deriviations are the most important and should be clear if possible) and so on. I have a knowledge of caculus1-3(integrals,differentials,sums and convergency tests...), so if I am lacking essential knowledge please mention this.

Thanks for any clarifications.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
moriheru said:
Greetings,
I am looking for a accesable introduction to the field of number theory that leads up to primes eulers proof of infinite primes, goldbach proof of inifinite primes and their deriviations(the deriviations are the most important and should be clear if possible) and so on. I have a knowledge of caculus1-3(integrals,differentials,sums and convergency tests...), so if I am lacking essential knowledge please mention this.

Thanks for any clarifications.
If you google "number theory pdf" you'll find more texts introducing you to number theory than you could imagine. I can't vouch for any of them, but they will generally assume only a basic mathematical knowledge and will be very much from the ground up.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: moriheru
PeroK said:
If you google "number theory pdf" you'll find more texts introducing you to number theory than you could imagine. I can't vouch for any of them, but they will generally assume only a basic mathematical knowledge and will be very much from the ground up.

Thanks PeroK the saylor PDF was helpfull.

I think I should specify. A introduction on primes in numbertheory would be more acurate. Thanks for any helpfull suggestions.