1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is a Good Masters Thesis for Astronomy?

1. Dec 7, 2014 #1
    Good day!

I am currently a freshman at a master's course in astronomy as preparation for studies overseas (I need a master's degree to be able to apply a master's degree overseas). I am wondering of possible thesis topics acceptable for a master's degree. The school I am currently in has a few telescopes, but no observatory. So an experimental and observational field could be a bit of a problem, so I am thinking of an empirical or theoretical approach to a subject.

Anyone have good ideas? The master's degree has a duration of two years, it's better to start early.

Thank you in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2014 #2
    You mean that you need a masters to be able to apply for a PhD overseas...

4. Dec 11, 2014 #3
    No, unfortunately. I tried applying for a master's degree overseas and one of their qualifications is that I must finish a master's degree here (at least, in the Philippines).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook