What is a meta nucleus in context of biology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. College
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Biology Nucleus
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Mr. College
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
So, I was in botany class the other day and we were going over the model of a flower describing the parts. The ovum, the egg and polar bodies and someone said another name for the polar bodies and my teacher said she would accept the answer if we knew what a meta nucleus is.

Naturally no one knew, so that's why I'm here, does anyone know what this means in the context of biology?

I did a search and came up with nothing, except this chemistry book that refers to meta protons in relation to the meta nucleus.

Physical Chemistry: A Molecular Approach
 
Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
Perhaps your teacher meant a nucleus within a metastable state? (I.e. excited)