What is Cards Against Humanity ?

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cards
In summary, "Cards Against Humanity" is a popular game that was "kickstarted" and is similar to "Apples to Apples" but for twisted minds. The goal is to select the most twisted possible answer to the question from the cards you hold. It includes cards with perverse and dark humor and is best played among friends with a few drinks. Examples of the game can be found on the internet.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
What is "Cards Against Humanity"?

I notice the number one best seller on Amazon today is a game called "Cards Against Humanity". How does that work and why is it so popular - if it really is.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's similar to apples to apples, but for twisted minds.

It's a decent game among friends, especially those with dark humor/perverse humor. I like it well enough, especially with friends and a few drinks.

HayleySarg said:
It's similar to apples to apples, but for twisted minds.

It's a decent game among friends, especially those with dark humor/perverse humor. I like it well enough, especially with friends and a few drinks.

I read the wiki link but it didn't explain anything about the games 'twisted' side. I take it the goal is to select the most twisted possible answer to the question from the cards you hold?

zoobyshoe said:
I read the wiki link but it didn't explain anything about the games 'twisted' side. I take it the goal is to select the most twisted possible answer to the question from the cards you hold?

Yep, for examples go HERE

Enigman said:
Yep, for examples go HERE
It's crystal clear now. Thanks.

A game with the best toilet humour being the goal.
Would Victoria say " I am not ammused!"?
Drinks definitely not optional.

What is Cards Against Humanity?

Cards Against Humanity is a popular party game that involves players choosing the funniest card combination to complete a fill-in-the-blank statement or question. It is known for its dark and sometimes offensive humor.

How do you play Cards Against Humanity?

To play Cards Against Humanity, each player is dealt a set of white cards with various phrases or words on them. One player is designated as the "Card Czar" and draws a black card with a fill-in-the-blank statement or question. The other players then choose the funniest white card in their hand to complete the statement or question. The Card Czar then chooses the funniest response and that player earns a point. The role of Card Czar rotates with each round.

Is Cards Against Humanity appropriate for all ages?

No, Cards Against Humanity is not appropriate for all ages. The game contains mature content and themes that may not be suitable for children. It is recommended for players 17 years and older.

How many players can participate in a game of Cards Against Humanity?

Cards Against Humanity can be played with a minimum of 3 players and a maximum of 20. However, the ideal number of players is between 4-6 people.

Are there any expansions or variations of Cards Against Humanity?

Yes, there are various expansions and themed versions of Cards Against Humanity, such as the "Red Box" and "Green Box" expansions, as well as themed versions such as "Cards Against Humanity: Family Edition" and "Cards Against Humanity: '90s Nostalgia Pack". There are also unofficial versions created by fans of the game.