What is Field Theory and How Can I Build a Strong Foundation in the Subject?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
mixo1234
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello.

In my university the course of the Field theory was based on Landau's book, which of course, is a quiet rough book to introduce a subject with - so all I was left with was superficial knowledge of the branch. I would like to read another book (introductory level is preferred) about the subject to gain much stronger basic knowledge about the Field theory and then to use it as a foundation to re-read Landau's book to get a deeper insight in the theory. The book which contains very detailed derivation of Action, important tensors and etc. is just perfect.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you very much! Seems to be a nice book. Any other suggestions?