What is meant by management of IDN practices resource?

  • Topic: Comp Sci 
  • Thread starter Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Management Resource
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 1K views
shivajikobardan
Messages
637
Reaction score
54
Homework Statement
IDN practices resource
Relevant Equations
none
taken from here-:

https://www.iana.org/about

domain name..

IDN means internationalized domain names...that is domain for eg in japanese language, devnagari language etc.

But what does IDN practices resources mean?

This might be a dumb question to ask I know, but I am studying a subject called internet and intranet and I am yet not tuned into and not in resonance with this subject..So I have lots of minor doubts...Hope to get help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
shivajikobardan said:
But what does IDN practices resources mean?
It refers to the legal Unicode code-points (i.e. characters) that can be used in a subdomain of the relevant top level domain (TLD).

For more information see https://www.iana.org/help/idn-repository-procedure and for an example of the code-points permitted in a Devanagari .com domain name see https://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tables/tables/com_deva_1.2.txt.

shivajikobardan said:
This might be a dumb question to ask I know
It's not a dumb question, in fact its quite an advanced question and I'd be surprised if you needed to know this at an introductory level. What resources are you trying to learn from?
 
  • Informative
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: shivajikobardan and berkeman
pbuk said:
It refers to the legal Unicode code-points (i.e. characters) that can be used in a subdomain of the relevant top level domain (TLD).

For more information see https://www.iana.org/help/idn-repository-procedure and for an example of the code-points permitted in a Devanagari .com domain name see https://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tables/tables/com_deva_1.2.txt.It's not a dumb question, in fact its quite an advanced question and I'd be surprised if you needed to know this at an introductory level. What resources are you trying to learn from?
hmm..there is a local author mini textbook for this..I just use it to see what I need to learn as it is not very well written..and lot of googling as well...PS thanks for your response