What is the True Nature of Reality and its Impact on Mortality?

• Thread starter benzun_1999
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reality
In summary, reality is a complex concept that is subjective and varies from person to person. It is the state of being actual and true, but also involves individual perceptions and beliefs. Our views of reality are limited and can only capture a small portion of the whole, making it impossible to fully describe or understand. Ultimately, reality is what we make of it and it is our responsibility to accept and embrace our own unique realities.
Reality is that which can KILL you. The rest might be just delusion.

Physics news on Phys.org
reality is nothing more than finding out that others guide your
life, ask some of the poorest people what reality is, they
would say "if i find food tomorow i will live if i don't i
die". now that's real.

Originally posted by wimms
Reality is that which can KILL you. The rest might be just delusion.

and what can kill you? there is only one "thing" that can, but that one thing is also equivalent to all that is, being omnipresent. so, in that sense, everything is real, if one accepts your premise.

there are, of course, many things that can kill your body, but you != your body. is your finger who you are? is your hand? your arm? your torso? your neck? your skull? the grey matter within it? change the body and the awareness of self will change but that is irrelevant because each awareness is limited so that absolute awareness of self is elusive. unless you cross the bridge.

delusions/dreams/hallucinations/fantasies/fictions are real but their nature is sometimes distinctly different from other types of reality. the totality comprises reality; it has various forms and "flavors." feel free to call some types of reality hollow and others less so, but it's all real.

when the seat of awareness leaves the body, it gives a clue as to where the true seat of awareness lies.

Reality is the overwhelming truth that your imagination is presently experiancing...similar (not Identical) in nature to the reality all "others" are experianceing relative/relitivized to where.

Originally posted by wolram
reality is nothing more than finding out that others guide your
life, ask some of the poorest people what reality is, they
would say "if i find food tomorow i will live if i don't i
die". now that's real.

Be a donar i agree. I change what i can not what i can not.

http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

Originally posted by phoenixthoth
When Unity is realized it is irrevocable. You can’t gradually realize it. You can’t partially realize it. You are either in duality or in unity. There is no half-way house. There are states of profound relative unity within duality but they will still retain some sense of self, an ‘I am-ness’ even if this is very different to our normal sense of self. When Enlightenment is realized it cannot be ‘unrealised’. Unity is eternal. On its realisation it is known that unity was always and will always be there. It is only the limitations of duality based consciousness that give a sense of a passage of time - of there being a change from one state to another. All the work done prior to realising Enlightenment is like building a bridge over a bottomless chasm that you must cross. On the bridge you are very constrained by its limitations. Before it is built you can only be on one side. Once you have crossed you are free of this limitation but you can use the bridge to go back to the original side. However your relationship to the place you came from is forever altered by the fact you know what is on the other side. The journey to Enlightenment builds a ‘realisation body’ that, on realisation of Enlightenment, ‘connects’ the limited existence in duality to the infinite state that is now (but always has been and always will be) your permanent ‘home’. The realisation of this permanent state transforms the relationship to creation and to life. There is no longer any change that creation can throw at ‘you’ that can interrupt your essential state. You realize that you state was present before the birth of your body and will be present after its death.

Where is this bridge how do you propose that I find it by myself. Or am i doing that now?

some people find it without outside guidance.

one that wrote something down has some information here:
http://www.duerden.com/

the eye of the i from which nothing is hidden is a relevant book. some info on it is here:
http://64.177.173.162/powervsforce/eye_of_the_eye_review.htm

may your journey be graceful,
phoenix

Last edited by a moderator:
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Philip K. Dick

Originally posted by phoenixthoth
and what can kill you? there is only one "thing" that can, but that one thing is also equivalent to all that is, being omnipresent. so, in that sense, everything is real, if one accepts your premise.
Nothing that hasn't touch of death to it has any weight. Child crying for a cookie that his parents deny him has sorrow that's delusional. Child that dies of hunger faces reality.

Term "can kill" if vague, not without purpose. Interaction with reality doesn't kill for your lifetime. But its the moments when you face death when you ultimately realize what is real and what is your worthless fantasies. Doesn't happen exactly often.

Anything that's real can kill you. Its just lyrical rephrase I offer.