What is Tensile Force? - Researching Pantheon of Rome

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shmelly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Force Tensile
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
Shmelly
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I am doing a bit of fun research about the Pantheon of Rome and I ran into the term tensile force and I can't get a clear definition anywhere.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Basically a pulling or stretching force .

Like in a tug of war . The two opposing teams are applying tensile forces to the ends of the rope .
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Shmelly and Chestermiller
Nidum said:
Basically a pulling or stretching force .

Like in a tug of war . The two opposing teams are applying tensile forces to the ends of the rope .
Thx