What Is the Angle of Total Acceleration for a Race Car on a Circular Track?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Sesmo
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A race car starts from rest on a circular track. The car increases its speed at a constant rate as it goes once around the track. Find the angle that the total acceleration of the car makes--with the radius connecting the center of the track and the car--at the moment the car completes the circle.

Homework Equations



... :(

The Attempt at a Solution



The problem is I don't even know where to start. I'm not looking for a quick answer from you all; I want to know how I should approach this and build some skillz!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1. Draw a diagram.
2. Identify any variables that might be of interest in the problem.
3. Pencil in on your drawing where the variables "live".
4. List the equations you know that might pertain to quantities you want to manipulate or find.