What is the best anti virus, firewall and anti spyware out there?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Virus
In summary, the conversation is about finding a new protection program for antivirus, anti-spyware, and firewall. The suggestion of a free AVG is given, but the person wants to know how it compares to other paid packages. There are multiple threads discussing this topic and the recommendation is to try the free AVG. However, if the person wants the best, they can go with COMODO, which is a strong antivirus program but may flag harmless files.
yungman
I had it with McAfee. I want to get another protection program for anti virus, anti spyware and firewall. I don't mind paying for a good one.

I got suggestion of a free AVG. How does this compare for the other pay packages?

Thanks

Alan

Computer science news on Phys.org
What's wrong with AVG free? It does everything you need.

Why so many threads on the same subject?

jarednjames said:
What's wrong with AVG free? It does everything you need.

Why so many threads on the same subject?

I was asking for a free quick fix in another threads, but now it's a totally different question, I really want the best one now...even if I have to pay.

yungman said:
I was asking for a free quick fix in another threads, but now it's a totally different question, I really want the best one now...even if I have to pay.

In all three threads you have been recommended AVG.

There's little more to add to it. Give it a go an it should be fine for your requirements.

jarednjames said:
In all three threads you have been recommended AVG.

There's little more to add to it. Give it a go an it should be fine for your requirements.

Thanks

If you want the best, go with COMODO.

It is probably the strongest anti virus program around, but that strength is its very weakness; when I ran it for a bit it was flagging files and sites that were perfectly harmless, which was annoying. It will detect anything and everything, but that comes at a price of a little bit of sanity.

1. What is the difference between anti virus, firewall and anti spyware?

Anti virus, firewall and anti spyware are all different types of software designed to protect your computer from different types of threats. Anti virus software detects and removes viruses and other types of malware from your computer. Firewalls monitor and control incoming and outgoing network traffic to prevent unauthorized access to your computer. Anti spyware software detects and removes spyware, which is a type of software that collects information about a user's computer activities without their knowledge.

2. Which anti virus, firewall and anti spyware should I use?

The best anti virus, firewall and anti spyware to use will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It is important to research and compare different options to find the one that offers the most comprehensive protection for your computer and fits your budget.

3. Are there any free options for anti virus, firewall and anti spyware?

Yes, there are many free options for anti virus, firewall and anti spyware. However, it is important to note that free software may offer limited features and may not provide as much protection as paid versions. It is important to research and compare different free options to find the one that best fits your needs.

4. Is it necessary to have all three types of protection?

Yes, it is recommended to have all three types of protection - anti virus, firewall and anti spyware - to ensure the highest level of security for your computer. Each type of software targets different types of threats, so having all three will provide comprehensive protection.

5. How often should I update my anti virus, firewall and anti spyware?

It is important to regularly update your anti virus, firewall and anti spyware to ensure they are equipped to protect against the latest threats. Most software will have an option to automatically update, which is recommended to ensure your computer is always protected.