What is the best anti virus, firewall and anti spyware out there?

  • Thread starter Thread starter yungman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Virus
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
yungman
Messages
5,741
Reaction score
291
I had it with McAfee. I want to get another protection program for anti virus, anti spyware and firewall. I don't mind paying for a good one.

I got suggestion of a free AVG. How does this compare for the other pay packages?

Thanks

Alan
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What's wrong with AVG free? It does everything you need.

Why so many threads on the same subject?
 
jarednjames said:
What's wrong with AVG free? It does everything you need.

Why so many threads on the same subject?

I was asking for a free quick fix in another threads, but now it's a totally different question, I really want the best one now...even if I have to pay.
 
yungman said:
I was asking for a free quick fix in another threads, but now it's a totally different question, I really want the best one now...even if I have to pay.

In all three threads you have been recommended AVG.

There's little more to add to it. Give it a go an it should be fine for your requirements.
 
jarednjames said:
In all three threads you have been recommended AVG.

There's little more to add to it. Give it a go an it should be fine for your requirements.

Thanks
 
If you want the best, go with COMODO.

It is probably the strongest anti virus program around, but that strength is its very weakness; when I ran it for a bit it was flagging files and sites that were perfectly harmless, which was annoying. It will detect anything and everything, but that comes at a price of a little bit of sanity.