What is the Best Book to Learn about Einstein's Theories?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tsquayle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
tsquayle
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Looking to learn about Einstein, especially his theories and such. Need an introductory level book, but I have completed higher level math classes like Calc III, Diff Equations and Physics III. Any book, author or publisher suggestions would help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
tsquayle said:
Looking to learn about Einstein, especially his theories and such. Need an introductory level book, but I have completed higher level math classes like Calc III, Diff Equations and Physics III. Any book, author or publisher suggestions would help.
You can find his most important work free online. I would start with his "Relativity: The Special and General Theory", which incorporates his two most famous works, and can be found here: http://www.bartleby.com/173/
 
Taylor and Wheeler, "Spacetime Physics," is a good modern introduction to SR. Scan through the list of threads here in the science book forum (where I've moved this thread) and you'll find other threads on relativity books, for both SR and GR.