What Is the Best Small Electric Motor for Carrying 1000 kg?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ibrahim Kamal
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 2K views
Ibrahim Kamal
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hello
I want to know what is the best motor can carry 1000 kg
And the weight is not large and also small size
And working with electricity, not fuel

Can you help me
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How do you want to carry 1000 kg? To lift it vertically upward, or horizontally?
 
I want to rise vertically, but not continue to rise, such as the helicopter
To reach the high fixed
 
Sorry, I'm not an expert so these things can explain more
 
Ibrahim Kamal said:
Sorry, I'm not an expert so these things can explain more

Which things?
 
I want to lift the body off the ground for a distance meter and a 1000 km grams all of this on the air like a helicopter and then be fixed
 
I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by this. What helicopter? What does "distance meter and a 1000 km grams" mean?
 
Example
To not have a man and weighed 1000 km sitting on a chair and I put motor bottom, bringing the chair to a distance of meters and holds that person
 
Do you want it to work on this principle (only bigger):


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6uP1NwhIu0
​
 
If the mass of the load is [itex]m[/itex], and it is pulled by a constant speed [itex]v[/itex], then, the power of the motor needs to be at least:
[tex] P = m \, g \, v[/tex]
where [itex]g = 9.81 \, \mathrm{m} \, \mathrm{s}^{-2}[/itex] is the acceleration of free fall.

For example, if you want to raise a ton (1000 kg) for 15 m (approximately a five story building) in half a minute (30 seconds), you would need a motor with a power:
[tex] 1000 \, \mathrm{kg} \times 9.81 \mathrm{m} \, \mathrm{s}^{-2} \times \frac{15 \, \mathrm{m}}{30 \, \mathrm{s}} = 4905 \, \mathrm{W} \approx 5 \, \mathrm{kW}[/tex]
 
Last edited:
Then, you need to adjust the diameter [itex]d[/itex] of the head of the motor to the torque it provides:

[tex] \tau = \frac{m \, g \, d}{2}[/tex]

The angular velocity (in rpm - rotations per minute) is:
[tex] n = \frac{60 \, v}{\pi \, d}[/tex]