What is the Chemical Name of SnMg2O4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter masyousaf1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemical
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 6K views
masyousaf1
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Dear community fellows

Can somebody help me in identifying the name of SnMg2O4 ?
Other examples are ZnAl2O4 (Zinc Aluminate), ZnIN2S4 (Zn Thioindate).
Kindly provide the reference if possible.

Thank You
Masood
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
masyousaf1 said:
Can somebody help me in identifying the name of SnMg2O4 ?

I would start thinking which of the two metals present is amphoteric.
 
Is magnesium amphoteric, or is it strictly metallic?

What are salts? What does it take to produce a salt?
 
Magnesium here is metallic in nature. I surf a lot to find its name but couldn't find. I am a physicist and not very good at chemistry.
 
Last edited:
I think calling it simply magnesium tin oxide would be also ok. At least in google some papers studying this compond show up.
 
Yes there are some papers but none of them mentioned the name. Strange for me