jgreen520
- 9
- 0
you still have the wrong angle. It is given that the slope of the incline is 4v:3h, is that correct? If so, the slope of the screw eye is not the same as the slope of the incline.jgreen520 said:Yes you are correct, the angle is supposed to be 53.13 degrees from the horizontal. That makes the angle between the resultant force (150 lbs) and the axis of the eye 28.13 degrees.
However my Fy calculation now seems to give me the wrong answer...I rotated the coordinate system which I think is giving me the problem.
What I am trying to point out is that the screw eye does not make an angle of 53 degrees with the horizontal, it makes an angle of 53 degrees with the vertical. So the angle it makes with the horizontal is about 37 degrees. Redo the geometry.jgreen520 said:Yes the 4v and 3h is given in the problem. Inverse Tan gives you 53 degrees from the horizontal.