1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying What is the course-load for a student studying physics, math, or engineering like?

1. Nov 9, 2009 #1
    How many hours do you attend class / lecture each day?
    Do you study each day?
    How many hours per week do you study for your courses ?
    How many courses do you take per semester ?
    Do you go to a University or a jc level school ?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 9, 2009 #2
    Re: What is the course-load for a student studying physics, math, or engineering like

Well being an electrical engineering student I remembered the subjects were easy in 1st year and I didn't have to worry to achieve good grades. But from the 2nd year I really had to concentrate hard due to the increasing difficulty level. And,
    I usually have 4-5 hours of classes 5 days a week
    In fact I can't study everyday. But I try.
    In a loose estimate I spend 4/5 hours per day for my electrical subjects. ( I have personal interest in pure math and theoretical physics. So I reserve a major portion from my study time for them.)
    Usually I take 15-19 credit hours per semester and that makes roughly 5-6 subjects
    And yeah I go to university.
    Anyway I guess this inquiring thread is for your future selection of field in term of load?

4. Nov 9, 2009 #3
    Re: What is the course-load for a student studying physics, math, or engineering like

An average day is 4 hours of class.

Yes, and I would not be able to get through my classes if I didn't do it everyday.

At least 3-4 hours on weeknights (including homework) and then a few hours or so on weekends because I have no life.

4-5 classes are average, although I'll be taking 6 next semester because of a required seminar. This also depends on whether most of your classes are 3 credits or 4 and what the credit limit is at your school.

University

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook