Mitchtwitchita
- 187
- 0
can anybody tell me what the critical point of xe^x is? When I try putting it into my calculator, it just shows a line staring at zero with an asymptote at x=1.
Then you don't got it. If "when x= 1, the answer is -1" is in response to my question "What is the value of y= xex when x= 1?" (my point being that if it has a value, x= 1 cannot be an asyptote), then when x= 1, y= xex= 1(e1)= 1. I can't imagine how you would get a negative number for that. And you have already been told that the critical point is NOT at x= 1.Mitchtwitchita said:Thanks for your help guys. I think I got it now. When x=1, the answer is -1. This is the critical point for the function. I don't what the deal was with my calculator. It could have been the scale. Anyhoo, thanks again.