What is the electric field at q due to 4 charges in a square configuration?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scarth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Charges Square
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Scarth
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
http://puu.sh/7MuKv.jpg
I'm not sure what equation to apply in this situation. I'm lead to believe
Ke((|q1||q2|) / a)
Is what I should be applying.

The Attempt at a Solution


No idea thus far.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
I'm not sure what equation to apply in this situation. I'm lead to believe
Ke((|q1||q2|) / a)
Is what I should be applying.
What leads you to believe that is the right equation?

Do you know the definition of the electric field?
If you do not, look it up. (online or in your course notes or both)

The electric field at q is the vector sum of the electric fields due to the other charges.
Notice that the distance between Bq and q is not a.