What is the Experimental Basis of Special Relativity?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ibix
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Experimental Sr
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Insights Author
2025 Award
Messages
13,923
Reaction score
16,802
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: malawi_glenn
Physics news on Phys.org
I think this one is sufficiently important to be a top-level sticky, not just another FAQ entry.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Motore, russ_watters, Dale and 3 others
Nugatory said:
I think this one is sufficiently important to be a top-level sticky, not just another FAQ entry.
Me too. I didn't know that it had been unstuck, but I refer to it more than any single other resource we have.

I think that if we are worried about too many stickies then we can remove both the Maxwell’s Equations in a Static, Spherically Symmetric Spacetime and the An Introduction to the Generation of Mass from Energy from the stickies and move those to the FAQ instead. I think that the twin paradox sticky and the experimental basis sticky are higher priority than those two.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Motore, martinbn, ersmith and 2 others
I just stickied the thing again.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vanhees71, Ibix and Dale