What is the force F⃗ on the 1 nC charge at the bottom?

In summary, the question asks for the force on a 1.0 nC charge at the bottom of a figure, in component form. Using the equation F=q1q1/4piεr^2, the answer is 1*10^-5 N i, 2.2*10^-5 N j. However, the person is having difficulty with the answer and has tried removing i, j, and both, but the answer is still incorrect. They are seeking help in understanding where they went wrong.
joker2014

Homework Statement

What is the force F on the 1.0 nC charge at the bottom in the figure? Give your answer in component form.
8678028c-cfa4-4d2e-ade8-9510d3233630.jpe

Homework Equations

F=q1q1/4piεr^2

The Attempt at a Solution

I got the answer 1*10^-5 N i, 2.2*10^-5 N j

however it keeps telling me Term 2: The correct answer does not depend on "j".

I tried removing j, still wrong. removed both i and j, still wrong.. i tried many things but still wrongg.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you give us the details on how you were thinking when you arrived at your answer it will be easier for us to see where it went wrong and help you correct it.

1. What is force?

Force is a physical quantity that describes the interaction between two objects. It is a vector quantity, meaning it has both magnitude and direction.

2. What is a charge?

Charge is a fundamental property of matter that determines how it interacts with electric and magnetic fields. It can be either positive or negative.

3. What does the arrow above the F represent?

The arrow above the F represents the direction of the force. In this case, it indicates the direction in which the force is acting on the 1 nC charge at the bottom.

4. What is the unit of force?

The unit of force is Newton (N). It is named after Sir Isaac Newton and is defined as the amount of force required to accelerate a mass of 1 kilogram at a rate of 1 meter per second squared.

5. How is the magnitude of the force calculated?

The magnitude of the force can be calculated using Coulomb's Law, which states that the force between two charges is directly proportional to the product of their magnitudes and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. It can be expressed as F = (k * q1 * q2) / r^2, where k is the Coulomb's constant, q1 and q2 are the charges, and r is the distance between them.