What is the Force on Pool Walls at 88 Feet Depth?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
briangiles
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

We are an importer of SCUBA diving equipment and are building a pool. I see multiple formulas and opinions, I'm hoping for a KISS answer. Although I don't think Width or length has anything to do with my question, we are building a deep shaft pool that will be 25'Wx35'Lx88'D. What is the force on the walls at 88' please? is it atmospheric pressure, 1 bar per 10m/33' so about 40psi?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
briangiles said:
Moderator note: Moved from new member
Hello,

We are an importer of SCUBA diving equipment and are building a pool. I see multiple formulas and opinions, I'm hoping for a KISS answer. Although I don't think Width or length has anything to do with my question, we are building a deep shaft pool that will be 25'Wx35'Lx88'D. What is the force on the walls at 88' please? is it atmospheric pressure, 1 bar per 10m/33' so about 40psi?
So do you think licensed pool builders/installers carry insurance and use certified designs? Why do you think that is?