What is the graph of an n-D hyperplane with 10 axis?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Mokae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Plane
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Mokae
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
In a 2d graphic, I have xOy, in 3d I have xOyz (origin O)

But how can I figure out a graph of abcdefg..Oxyz - an n-D hyperplane ?

Please consider a simple case of 10d, I have 10 different axis. What else can I go on with ?

Thanks
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi Mokae! :smile:
Mokae said:
But how can I figure out a graph of abcdefg..Oxyz - an n-D hyperplane

You can't! :redface:

Even for four dimensions, it's not possible (unless you "suppress" one of the dimensions, to give a projection into 3-dimensional space).
 
Mokae said:
In a 2d graphic, I have xOy, in 3d I have xOyz (origin O)

But how can I figure out a graph of abcdefg..Oxyz - an n-D hyperplane ?

Please consider a simple case of 10d, I have 10 different axis. What else can I go on with ?

Thanks
What do you mean by "a graph of abcdefg..Oxyz"? To have a graph, in any dimension, you have to have a function or formula. What function do you want to graph?
 
tiny-tim said:
Hi Mokae! :smile:


You can't! :redface:

Even for four dimensions, it's not possible (unless you "suppress" one of the dimensions, to give a projection into 3-dimensional space).

Actually I do nothing with dimentions at present.
Have never thought I will have an opinion to deal with any either
Original purpose of the project seems to change into something different. Never bother to ask by the way.

How is Japan ?