What is the Haar Measure on SO(4) and Where Can I Find References?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Bobhawke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Measure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Bobhawke
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
I wasn't quite sure where to post this question, so please forgive me if I chose the wrong place.

Essentially I'm looking for an explicit expression for the Haar measure on SO(4), i.e. in terms of angles, or if you prefer, expressed in terms of the Lebesgue integral over a subset of the Lie algebra.

Does anyone know any references which might contain this?

Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Bobhawke said:
I wasn't quite sure where to post this question, so please forgive me if I chose the wrong place.

Essentially I'm looking for an explicit expression for the Haar measure on SO(4), i.e. in terms of angles, or if you prefer, expressed in terms of the Lebesgue integral over a subset of the Lie algebra.

Does anyone know any references which might contain this?

Thank you.

There's one in the appendix of http://arxiv.org/abs/0805.0267. There is at least one typo there, but the overall construction is using the correct methods.