What is the highest form of happiness?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AiA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Form
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 18K views
loseyourname said:
That isn't the point, though. That would only matter if "not being bored" = "being happy." I've been happy even when I was bored and been unhappy when I was not bored, so I don't see how they can be the same thing.


Well said!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
loseyourname said:
That isn't the point, though. That would only matter if "not being bored" = "being happy." I've been happy even when I was bored and been unhappy when I was not bored, so I don't see how they can be the same thing.

I never said they were the same, but they are certainly related. But by definition "boredom" is not an enjoyable feeling. Like pain. One can still be happy when in pain, but pain is a "bad" feeling. And too much pain can lead to unhappiness.
 
You must realize that happiness (true) is not physical, one can be in pain and be very happy, things like boredom are self inflicted, putting oneself in a state of boredom shows apathy. The origon of this post is to discuss wether the fourth level of happiness really is a fourth level of happiness. If you want to argue the first three, start a new thread and I'll argue you there.