What is the Impact of Sinkholes on Civil Engineering Projects and Structures?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saeed cho
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 351 views
Saeed cho
How did you find PF?
Via Google search
Hey! I work in a factory as civil engineering department manager and I currently we are looking for ways to increase the evaporation rate in our 900 hectares large lake!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Saeed. It's good to have you here.

For your question, probably the Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering forum would be a good fit. Be sure to include links to the reading you've been doing so far about the subject, and include things like general climate data, nearby geography (mountains, plains, desert, etc.), and what kinds of resources you have available.

Enjoy the PF! :smile:
 
Welcome to PF!

I guess there are two basic strategies:
1) Get the water hotter - perhaps some covering that absorbs more sunlight.
2) Increase the mix rate with the air - by spraying the water, bubbling the air, or increasing the air speed.

I have nothing specific device to suggest. It gets down to economics.