• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

What are best civil engineering books for beginners?

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi
What are best civil engineering books for beginners. I want them to be easy to understand for an Egyptian I mean easy language and good content
Thanks

Answers and Replies

PhanthomJay
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Civil Engineering is a very broad field, covering branches like structural, geotechnical, hydrology, surveying, transportation, power line design, environmental, urban planning, site development, etc. Do you have a specific field of interest?

Civil Engineering is a very broad field, covering branches like structural, geotechnical, hydrology, surveying, transportation, power line design, environmental, urban planning, site development, etc. Do you have a specific field of interest?
OK
I am specifically interested in infrastructure and water supply system
But I'm a beginner so I want a beginner level book

PhanthomJay
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Water supply is outside my area of expertise, so you might want to do a google search or check with Amazon. But first I trust you have taken the basic prerequisite courses common to most engineering disciplines, like algebra, trig, calculus,physics, chemistry, CAD, and the engineering sciences, if you want to be any kind of an Engineer ( with a very few exceptions for a handful of persons coming in from the back door).