What is the Instantaneous Velocity Question and How to Solve It?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Jane W
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I am having trouble with the last question my teacher gave me. I have attached a picture. It is about instantaneous velocity. I did the same thing for all the other questions?[/B]

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.50.10 PM.png


Homework Equations


average velocity = delta x / delta t

The Attempt at a Solution


I did 0-(-6)/(8-7) = 6[/B]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I figured it out. Apparently the tip of the line is not on 6 but on 5. I think that is not very visible.
 
Well done :)
When graphs have a fat line, the pointy-bits can cover a lot of ground. Always read to the middle of the line - use a ruler if you can.
For the future - please show your working. That would make how you are thinking clear so we can best help you.
Don't worry about looking stupid - we have all done stupider things than you: we understand ;)