What is the Ka and pKa for a weak monoprotic acid with given titration data?

  • Thread starter Thread starter feelau
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chem Homework
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
feelau
Messages
61
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Kk so the problem is that we have 55.48 ml of NaOH was required to titrate 25 mL of a weak monoprotic acid. After 31.64 mL of NaOH had been added, the pH is 4.96 for the solution. Calculate the Ka and pKa for this weak acid.

Homework Equations


pKa= pH + log(acid/conjugate base) maybe?
ka=products/reactants

The Attempt at a Solution


I wanted to make the NaOh and acid a ratio and then since we know what pH is, just use the first equation but I don't think that'll be correct. Other than that I'm not sure how to approach this. Help will be aprreciated thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not enough info. What is the concentration of NaOH?
 
the concentration isn't given, I copied the exact problem.