What Is the Limit of (-1)^n/n as n Approaches Infinity?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sara_87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Infinity Limit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
sara_87
Messages
748
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the limit as n tends to [itex]\infty[/itex] of:

[itex]\frac{(-1)^n}{n}[/itex]

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I know that (-1)^n alternates between 1 and -1.
I also know that the limit of 1/n is 0. But I don't know how to compute the above limit.
Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Think about what each sequence is in between.
 
sara_87 said:

Homework Statement



Find the limit as n tends to [itex]\infty[/itex] of:

[itex]\frac{(-1)^n}{n}[/itex]

Homework Equations



The Attempt at a Solution



I know that (-1)^n alternates between 1 and -1.
I also know that the limit of 1/n is 0. But I don't know how to compute the above limit.
Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you.
Do you know the squeeze theorem?