What is the maximum charge in Coulombs can be obtained in ionistor?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi
welcome to PF :smile:
ivanovenkoi said:
ionistors

what on Earth is that ?
the link you supplied goes to capacitors, and in particular, super capacitors

Capacitors have their Farad rating printed on them
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Ionistor is the same as capacitors. I mean capacitors exactly. I need the maximum available charge in Coulombs, not in Farads. Because Farad measures not charge but electrical capacitance.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English, I am not english speaker.

davenn said:
Hi
welcome to PF :smile:

what on Earth is that ?
the link you supplied goes to capacitors, and in particular, super capacitors

Capacitors have their Farad rating printed on them

Ionistors are capacitors in general. I need not Farad, because farad is electrical capacitance. I need charge in coulombs.
davenn said:
Hi
welcome to PF :smile:

what on Earth is that ?
the link you supplied goes to capacitors, and in particular, super capacitors

Capacitors have their Farad rating printed on them
 
ivanovenkoi said:
I need the maximum available charge in Coulombs, not in Farads.
Q=CV

So multiply the Capacitance in Farads by the Voltage in Volts, and you get the stored charge Q in Coulombs.
 
berkeman said:
Q=CV

So multiply the Capacitance in Farads by the Voltage in Volts, and you get the stored charge Q in Coulombs.
So can it be 10000F × 5V = 50000 Coulombs for ecample? Or it's too much? I need digit order. Because I read that 1 coulomb is a very big charge. So 50000 is extremely big, isn't it?
 
ivanovenkoi said:
So can it be 10000F × 5V = 50000 Coulombs for ecample? Or it's too much? I need digit order. Because I read that 1 coulomb is a very big charge. So 50000 is extremely big, isn't it?
10,000 Farads is a huge capacitor. Where are you finding something like that?
 
ivanovenkoi said:
Here I see in the table below supercapacitors 100..12000F, 2.2..3.3V
Be sure to read the limitations of supercaps. What is the application? You are not going to dump all of that charge all at once out of a supercap...
 
What berkeman said is right.
If it is for a practical application beware of the maximum charge and discharge current for the specific capacitor you buy.